- Measure the length and the width of the area. Measure in metres and part metres. For example, 10 feet would be 3.05 metres. If the area is irregular, break the calculation down into a series of smaller rectangles and add together.
- Decide on what depth you need. As a guide we would suggest 50mm of decorative aggregate (chippings etc) on landscape material for weed free border. 100mm to 200mm as footings for a drive 75mm when using soil for coverage.
- Enter the dimensions in to our easy calculator. You may be surprised as the results are often more than you think.
- Our standard Maxi bags of sand and chippings are a minimum of 850 kgs.
- Our Maxi bags of soil and compost are 750 litres.
If what you need does not match closely to the Maxi bags don’t panic. We can supply pretty much any weight in another format either in half bags, loose or Maxi bags with 25kg bags to “top up”.
For non-standard bags, please call 01935 822204 and ask for the Trade Counter.